This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you, that we may access from third parties at your direction, or that you may provide when you visit our family of Spiffy websites or mobile applications (together, our “Service”), and our practices for using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
Please read this Policy carefully. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you can choose not to use our Service. By accessing or using our Service, or by clicking to accept or agree to this Policy when this option is made available to you, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Service after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Service, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, mailing or physical address, email address and telephone number. In addition, if you purchase any products or services on our Service, we may collect information required for payment, including credit card numbers, security codes and other financial information. All of this information is cumulatively referred to in this Policy as “Personal Information.” We collect Personal Information on or through our Service when you provide it while registering to use our Service, using our services, entering into transactions with us, requesting assistance or technical support, or reporting a problem with our Service.
Information About Your Vehicle
We may also collect select information about your vehicle, including its make, model, year, mileage, Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN”), maintenance or diagnostic trouble codes, battery voltage and emissions readiness. You provide this information to our Service by manually inputting it into the Service in connection with requesting a service visit, by installing one of our Spiffy Blue sensors on your vehicle and asking it to transmit information to the Service, or by linking your account on the Service with the “connected car” feature built into your vehicle (a “Connected Car Service”) (with respect to participating vehicle manufacturers only). We may also obtain this information through visual inspection by one of our technicians in connection with a service appointment you requested.
If you choose to use the “log book” feature of our Service, you may input notes and records regarding your vehicle’s maintenance history and costs, and you may upload digital copies of maintenance records for your vehicle for your recordkeeping purposes.
Temporary Access to Vehicle Location Information
If you have linked the Service with your vehicle’s Connected Car Service, upon your request and in connection with a requested service appointment only, the Connected Car Service may temporarily transmit information about the location of your vehicle (e.g., share the precise location of your vehicle within a parking lot so that our service technician may easily locate it). We do not store this information and we do not use this feature to track the location of your vehicle over time or in any manner other than in connection with fulfilling a particular service appointment that you have requested.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
- Present our Service and its contents to you;
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- Complete vehicle service appointments that you request from us;
- Process transactions with you (e.g., your purchases of products or services);
- Remind you when maintenance or care of your vehicle is recommended or when recalls have been issued;
- Assist you in finding
third partyservice professionals that can assist in maintaining, caring for or repairing your vehicle;
- Provide you with our Service’s “log book” feature, which can assist you in tracking costs associated with maintaining, caring for and repairing your vehicle and storing a digital copy of maintenance records for your vehicle;
- Notify you about changes to our Service or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information or that we describe when you provide the information;
- Fulfill any other purpose with your consent.
Use of Personal Information for Marketing Purposes
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with informational correspondence (e.g., our Spiffy newsletter) or promotional information about our own products and services.
Transmitting Payment Information
If you purchase products or services through our Service, we may transmit your payment information and other Personal Information to the third party payment processors we use to process transactions securely.
Transmitting Information to Third Party Service Professionals
If you ask us to share your information with a third party service professional, we may transmit information about your vehicle, your name and your contact information to such professional so that such professional may contact you directly. We encourage you to review such service professionals’ applicable privacy policies for information on how such service professionals will use, maintain, protect and disclose that information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To our contractors and service providers (such as our customer-relationship management software provider and our cloud hosting infrastructure services provider) who we use to support our business and who (1) need to know such information to support our permitted uses of information in accordance with this Policy, and (2) are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To third party payment processors that we use to process transactions securely (see section above entitled “Transmitting Payment Information”);
- At your request to third party service professionals (see section above entitled “Transmitting Information to Third Party Service Professionals”);
- At your request to the third party operators of the Connected Car Service you choose to link to the Service;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which information held by us about our Service users is among the assets transferred and in any due diligence review with respect to any such proposed transaction;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- For any other purpose with your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to meet national security and law enforcement requirements and to responding to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, the Service’s users or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
As you navigate through and interact with our Service, we may automatically collect certain usage data and information to help us manage our content and improve your use of the Service. This may include information about your IP address or Mobile Device ID and your browsing actions and patterns when you visit our Service, including the referring and exit pages. The technologies that we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies that are stored on your computer and other types of embedded code on the Service that permit us to count users and obtain other related Service statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Service content and verifying system and server integrity), to store information about your preferences, to speed up your searches and to recognize you when you return to our Service.
Additional Uses and Disclosures of De-Identified or Aggregated Information
We may convert or combine Service usage data or other information of or about our users or their vehicles into de-identified or aggregated data that does not disclose any of the Personal Information of any individual user. We may use and disclose any such de-identified or aggregated data for any lawful purpose and without restriction, including to conduct internal research and analysis and to improve our Service.
We do not currently track Personal Information about your online activities over time across third-party sites. We do not currently allow third parties to collect Personal Information on the Service that could be used by them to analyze and store information about your online activities over time across third-party sites for tracking purposes. Therefore, the Service does not currently respond to any “Do Not Track” signals from your computer or mobile device, and if your computer or mobile device sends a “Do Not Track” signal to the Service, the Service will not treat you differently from users who do not send such signals.
Social Media Sites and Widgets
You may be able to use social media widgets such as the Facebook Like button on the Service. These widgets will collect your IP address or Mobile Device ID and identify which page you are visiting on the Service and make your preference information available to third parties. The information collected by such widgets is controlled by third-party privacy policies.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
If you do not wish for us to notify you about special promotional offers related to the Service, you can opt-out by simply clicking on the “Unsubscribe” or “Updating your e-mail preferences,” link in the most recent e-mail you received from us and follow the prompts that appear. This
If you do not wish for us to send your Personal Information or information about your vehicle to
Users Outside of the United States
Our Service is hosted in the United States, our services are provided from the United States, and we provide the Service for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Service or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Service may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Service from outside of the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. It is possible that certain information will be stored on servers in multiple other countries on the “cloud” or other similar distributed hosting platforms. If you are a user accessing our Service or services from the European Union, Asia or any other region with laws governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside your home jurisdiction, and that by providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States and other jurisdictions as indicated above, and to our use and disclosure of your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may obtain certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Accessing, Correcting and Retention of Your Information
You can review and change certain portions of your Personal Information by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page or by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we cannot delete certain portions of your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Except as described above in the section titled “Temporary Access to Vehicle Location Information,” we retain all of your information indefinitely, provided that if you choose to delete your user account we will delete your Personal Information from our databases and remove any of your Personal Information from all transaction records.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and no one under age 13 may provide any information to the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. If you are under 13 of age, do not use or provide any information on the Service. If we learn we have received personal information from a child under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have information from or about a child under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we have implemented security measures that we think are adequate, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Service. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service.
We post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personal Information, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date, active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Service and this Policy to check for any changes.
The Service is operated by